MEDITATION: Key to ultimate mental peace
Have you ever tried meditation? I think most of you have at least once in your life tried it. But how many of you actually do it on a regular basis? Well I know many of us don’t do it regularly. The reason behind it is that we actually don’t know its importance and its benefits due to which we feel bored after continuing it for a few days.So, today I’m going to tell you about it’s importance and benefits that you can get after it’s regular practice.
Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.
Meditation is practiced from thousand of years in different religions and in different methods.But the purpose is the same i.e., to achieve mental peace and calm.It may be used with the aim to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and other mental disorders.
types of meditation
This is also known as Metta. It is the simple practice of directing well wishes towards people.The general idea behind this meditation is to sit comfortably,close eyes and think about all the good things about your life. Formulate your desires into just 2-3 phrases.
2.body scan meditation
The body scan meditation is a practice that can be performed several times a day. This can help you release stress from your body and mind. The general idea behind this is to grab a comfortable position(not comfy enough to get you sleep). Then close your eyes, slow down your breathing and instead of breathing through your chest try to breathe through your stomach.Slowly you will notice your body relaxing up.
Mindfulness meditation is a mental training practice that involves focusing on your experiences in the present moment, like your emotions,feelings and thoughts. It involves breathing practices , mental imaging, awareness of body and mind , and muscle and body relaxation.
4. breath aware meditation
As the name suggests, this meditation is related to breathing and awareness as well. This is used to improve your concentration, focus and mental ability. To do this you just need to find a comfortable place, close your eyes and slow down your breath, and try to focus on your breathing. When your mind starts to wander off another things just come back and focus on your breathing again.
5. kundalini yoga
Kundalini yoga (kuṇḍalinī-yoga) is a school of yoga that is influenced by Shaktism and Tantra schools of Hinduism. It derives its name through a focus on awakening kundalini energy through regular practice of mantra, tantra, yantra, yoga or meditation.
- Meditation helps in reducing your stress.It is the most common reason why most people do meditation
- It controls anxiety. Less stress translates to less anxiety.
- It also promotes emotional health.Some forms of meditation can also lead to an improved self-image and more positive outlook on life.
- Meditation may help you develop a stronger understanding of yourself, helping you grow into your best self.
- Focused-attention meditation is like weight lifting for your attention span. It helps increase the strength and endurance of your attention.
- Studies also shows that meditation may also reduce your age-related memory loss.
- Meditation may particularly increase positive feelings and actions toward yourself and others.